Athanatos Christian Ministries, Inc, is a ministry committed to applying the Christian worldview in creative contexts that range from Christian apologetics to education to literature and the arts and anything else it can imagine to edify the church.
“He has set eternity in the hearts of men.”
Visit and join our writing community at literaryapologetics.com
Use the links to the right to learn more about ACM’s projects and activities.
A vast amount of books have been written purporting to explain Hitler, and yet mystery remains. Can it be that there are important aspects of the Hitler problem that lie outside the confines of safely conventional history? That there are vital questions of good and evil, of truth and falsehood, or that secular wisdom is completely incapable of dealing with? Author Joseph Keysor contends in this book that some essential biblical teachings can contribute more to an understanding of the Holocaust and the Third Reich than many realize. These include: the origins of the Jewish people and the bizarre hatreds that have pursued them; our innate human potential for great good, or for great evil; abiding standards of ethics that allow us to say unequivocally that evil exists; the failure of the churches to oppose Hitler; the catastrophic effects of denying God and his laws and relying on reason alone.
Keysor argues that, contrary to what now passes for conventional wisdom, biblical teaching is highly relevant to modern life. Taken as literal and inspired truth, the Bible is light in the darkness, and a sure guide through the dark jungles of ugly and destructive modernism.
Women Equipping Women
Keynote: Nancy Pearcey
ACCESS ARCHIVES – Make up sessions you missed at your convenience. All paying conference registrants receive free access to these archives.
Jamie Greening’s The Little Girl Waits
Author Jamie Greening highlights the problem of sex trafficking, not just overseas, but in the United States itself. In this story, a pastor and two unlikely friends find themselves caught up in the quest to find and rescue a girl who has been abducted to be used as a sex slave; all the while, The Little Girl Waits.
ACM’s new publishing imprint:
ACM will publish nearly any manuscript presented to it! Learn more about ACM’s new publishing imprint and how to get your book published!
October 6, 2014October 20, 2014 — Noon. Entry Form.
- Entry Fee: $75 (Dwolla) / $80 (Paypal, Credit Card, Check)
- $1,500 first prize! $1,000 second prize! Plus possible publication!
- Winners to be announced in March-May 2015.
- Winning authors’ books to be published Summer/Fall of 2015.
- Robert Milton – Seed of Doubt
- Chaka Heinze – Under a Withering Sun
- Joseph Keysor – A Horror of Great Darkness
- Jamie Greening – The Little Girl Waits
- Anthony Horvath – A Defense of the Integrity of Antony Flew’s “There is a God” from His Own Letters
- Shirley Tucker – Diamonds in the Dust
- Robert Cely – Beyond the Steel Wall
- Derek Elkins – Life Unworthy of Life
- Chris Morrow – The Devil’s Choir
- Robert Milton and Joe Courtemanche won ACM’s 2013 Novel Contest!
- In April we held our fourth annual Online Conference. Theme: Abortion and Apologetics. Purchase access to the archives.
- Check out ACM’s new Christian book review service.
- Anthony Horvath’s pro-life petition project.
- Derek Elkins and Chris Morrow were the winners of ACM’s 2012 Novel Contest. ACM will be publishing their books, which will be out soon.
- ACM hosted its second annual online writing conference on August 17th. For the first time, ACM also be broadcasted the event from a physical location. Theme: “No Compromise for the King.”
- ACM Author Shirley Tucker was on tour of the US this August. Check out the itinerary, here.
- ACM author Joseph Keysor had an article published in the March/April 2012 edition of Touchstone Magazine. The featured article was: “From Modernity to Auschwitz: The Secular and Anti-Christian Origins of the Holocaust.” Congratulations, Joseph!
- Read Dr. Holly Ordway’s The Vision of Literary Apologetics.
From the Director:
Naturally, you want to know what Athanatos means. Athanatos is Greek for ‘immortality’ or, ‘not dying.’ If Christianity is true, that’s what we are: immortal. We are adventurers unleashed for glory, freed from the burden of sin and made fearless in the face of death. This ministry is the outgrowth of my apologetics ministries over the last decade.
No longer do I believe that the best, exclusive use of my time is to reach out to and contend with atheists. Today I believe that the Church needs to expand its vision and methods in order to keep people from falling away in the first place.
The United States is a mission field. There are some things that matter to people today (like stories, movies, etc) that we can use but have been needlessly abandoned to secularists. It is partly the aim of this ministry to re-capture and re-employ what was always properly within the domain of Christian thought.
That means that Athanatos Christian Ministries will strive to produce thoughtful educational programs that are consistent with historic, orthodox, creedal Christianity, but also seek to connect through literature, through music, through story, among other methods we might imagine. Athanatos Christian Ministries is a big picture organization. Anyone interested in joining us or learning more is invited to contact us to see just what can be done.
Anthony Horvath, PhD