“He has set eternity in the hearts of men.” (Ecclesiastes 3:11)
Athanatos Christian Ministries is committed to applying the Christian worldview, with an emphasis on pro-life issues, in creative contexts that range from writing workshops, to literary apologetics education and publishing, to a local arts festival. ACM is explicitly oriented towards using the arts to defend and strengthen the case for Christianity.
~ NEWS ~
Browse our most recent newsletter: 8/24/17 – #AthanatosFest2017 recap!
TO BE RELEASED at Athanatos Fest 2018:
Preston Shire’s Knight Time for Paris
- Collin Brendemuehl’s The Myth of Scientific Certainty: Scientific Theory and Christian Engagement
- Randy Hroziencik’s Worldviews in Collision
Athanatos Fest held in Greenwood, WI
View pics and vids at #AthanatosFest2017 and set yours to public!
(Meet the Christian Writing Contest 2017 winners announced at the festival!)
The 2017 Festival featured The Passion Experience!
On Saturday, March 18th, 2017, Dr. Anthony Horvath presented at St. Martin Lutheran Church, at 717 Memorial Drive in Chilton, WI on the topics of “Who Moved the Stone” (a ‘forensic’ examination of Jesus’ resurrection) and “Tracking the Culture of Death” (connecting abortion, euthanasia, etc, to a common ideology).
Download the flyer: Who Moved the Stone – Flyer-ACM
March 25-26th, Dr. Horvath tabled at the Intelligent Faith conference in Cedar Rapids, Iowa.
What seemed like a statistical oddity is now a problem that is obvious to most Christians, whether they are involved in apologetics or not.
The rise in the number of people who have walked away from the faith are brothers, sisters, and friends. What explains this?
ACM’s director, Anthony Horvath, has issued a report which sheds light on core reasons for the decline in America’s churches, and by extension, the serious cultural shifts that have emerged as a consequence. Read the Report.
- Paul Bennett – A Fall of Sparrows
- NEW: Colin Brendemuehl’s – The Myth of Scientific Certainty: Scientific Theory and Christian Engagement
- Bernard D. Bull – Missional Moonshots
- Robert Cely – Beyond the Steel Wall
- Joseph Courtemanche – Assault on Saint Agnes
- Derek Elkins – Life Unworthy of Life
- Lynn Fredrick – Stand Firm
- William A Gray – Why Become a Christian?
- Jamie Greening – How Great Is the Darkness
- Tom Griffin – Apologetics for Tweens
- Anthony Horvath – The Warden Watch
- NEW: Randy Hroziencik – Worldviews in Collision
- Joseph Keysor – A Horror of Great Darkness
- Steven Massey – Songs from the Pit
- Dan Mielke – The Womanual
- Robert Milton – Seed of Doubt
- Chris Morrow – The Devil’s Choir
- Sam Pakan – Jesse’s Seed
- Brian M. and Wayne D. Rossiter – Mind Over Matter
- Ghazwan Saaid – Isis and the Smoke Ghost
- Shirley Tucker – Diamonds in the Dust
Read Dr. Holly Ordway’s The Vision of Literary Apologetics.
From the Director:
Naturally, you want to know what Athanatos means. Athanatos is Greek for ‘immortality’ or, ‘not dying.’ If Christianity is true, that’s what we are: immortal. We are adventurers unleashed for glory, freed from the burden of sin and made fearless in the face of death. This ministry is the outgrowth of my apologetics ministries over the last decade.
No longer do I believe that the best, exclusive use of my time is to reach out to and contend with atheists. Today I believe that the Church needs to expand its vision and methods in order to keep people from falling away in the first place.
The United States is a mission field. There are some things that matter to people today (like stories, movies, etc) that we can use but have been needlessly abandoned to secularists. It is partly the aim of this ministry to re-capture and re-employ what was always properly within the domain of Christian thought.
That means that Athanatos Christian Ministries will strive to produce thoughtful educational programs that are consistent with historic, orthodox, creedal Christianity, but also seek to connect through literature, through music, through story, among other methods we might imagine. Athanatos Christian Ministries is a big picture organization. Anyone interested in joining us or learning more is invited to contact us to see just what can be done.
Anthony Horvath, PhD